Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Gank

Ok, just in case everyone isn't clear, here's how you gank:

  1. Wait on a boat in Ratchet for an opposing faction player at least 10 levels lower.
  2. Go stealthy.
  3. Move towards the player, who has probably put their back to the water, but may have now initiated a /bored, /tap, or even /sleep.
  4. Get stun-locked by the stealthed 70 Rogue who is of the same faction as the lowbie you were going to eat alive.
  5. Die and get laughed at by both.
  6. Lowbie falls off boat after the loading screen appears and has to swim to Booty Bay cause they backed up too far to the edge of the boat.
Needless to say, I was the lowbie, and I won't reveal names, but it was great.

At the moment I only really have two anti-ganking strategies:

  1. I always put my back to the water and stand right on the edge of the boat. At least half the time the ganker seems to think they can fit between my back and the water. Yes, they then fall off the boat and into the water...
  2. I have two accounts and two computers. It's very fun the have my high level druid follow my lowbies, while stealthed.
FYI, I never gank, but I will camp in retaliation.

Yeehaw, isn't world PvP fun...

1 comment:

Peonys said...

Pvp'ing while I gand to the Booty Bay certainly make me want to have a beer.