Monday, August 18, 2008

KoS, PvP, and Me

I'm not using @#$% to protect anyone's sensibilities, I'm using @#$% because it stands in for my favorite derogative (and it's not 4 characters long, but 4 characters are plenty for a stand-in), I'm using it because I want you to insert YOUR favorite derogative.

I just deleted a huge post about my Kill on Sight list and what it takes to get on it, but you know, in the end, if you are an @#$%, you get put on my KoS list, if you are not an @#$% you don't.

Unless I'm near a World PvP objective, ganking me means being an @#$%, as it's always rude (since I'm pretty much helpless) and I don't care if it's on a PvP server. I like the fact that we can fight each other mostly anywhere, that's cool, but you can do that without being an @#$%.

If you use /spit or /rude or /teabag after killing me, guess what, you are an @#$%.

If you attack me, and I have virtually no chance, guess what, you are an @#$%.

If your raid is waiting to get into SSC and I'm on my way to one of the 5 mans and you, with a group of friends, jump me, guess what, you are an @#$%.

Don't want to be an @#$%? Don't do things to others you wouldn't like. And if you say you are a masochist and like all that, well that pretty much makes you an @#$%.

I never gank, but I do retaliate for gankings done to me or to someone I know or see ganked in game. So if I'm ganking you, it's because you obviously asked for it by ganking someone else.

And the first person to say: "Well you rolled on a PvP server," can have my boot for breakfast, cause guess what, you are an @#$%. A PvP server doesn't excuse poor behavior, it just allows for it, just as it allows you to behave well.

Yes it's a game, but it's multiplayer, which means you are in a social environment with real other people, don't be an @#$%.

No comments: