Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nothing Drops

Ok, I'm one of those crazy folks who level up crafting skills on toons who aren't 70. Heck, I don't have a toon at 70 yet, my Druid is at 68. That said, between the wife and I, we have the three gathering skills at or near 375, which means we farm for our other toons so they can level crafts. Somehow, as a Druid, I managed to not get skinning, which means I have both herbalism and mining. I've tried to talk her into a swap, but honestly, I don't blame her.

I have my 49 Gnome Warrior (Gnomes Rule!) at 300 Engineering and somewhere around 260 Blacksmithing. So to get that far I either get to spend a fair chunk of change, gather with my Druid and/or beg my wife to gather for me (for the leather). Now for materials that drop, I can usually farm those with my Warrior, but it sure goes faster with my Druid.

The hassle comes when you are looking for some random material that drops off some random critter. So I go to check the auction house, and there's nothing there. Unusual, but it happens. So I go out and decide to kill the hell out of the mobs that drop the material. Only it's one of those class of mobs that drop absolutely NOTHING half or more of the time.

See, this is annoying, not because I'm not making any money, but because it's an extra step in the process. I still have to try and loot the mob. How about if mobs with no loot don't get all sparkly and we all don't have to waste our time trying to loot them.

Just in case anyone's curious, I'm after Breath of Wind so I can make a pair of these, if you play on Dark Iron and have at least 8, (but I'll take as many as 12, so I can also make one of these) lemme know.

(Mouseovers thanks to TeePee's post here though it's a little out of date, now you can paste the script under the "head" tag in the template when you edit the template by going to the Layout Tab and selecting Edit HTML. Also if you don't want to do this, you can "add a gadget" and select the html/javascript gadget and insert the script there, which allows you to mostly just follow the directions in TeePee's post)

No comments: