Monday, August 11, 2008

Azeroth Big, Outland Small, Dire Maul Easy

I helped a friend with Dire Maul West yesterday. I helped him get his charger for his pally. We used a rogue to pick the lock. I figured I would just leave Dire Maul West after we were done and go get the key in Dire Maul East, so I can later help my pally get his charger (I have two accounts, don't try this with only one). Instead I got locked inside and had to teleport to Moonglade and fly back to Feathermoon again.

It takes something like 10-12 minutes for each flight, which means I spent 20 minutes yesterday on a gryphon. This was after riding my robot chicken with my gnome warrior from Gadgetzan to Feathermoon (with a swim at the end) just about 20 minutes before helping with Dire Maul.

I'm fairly sure that in the time I spent riding from Gadgetzan to Feathermoon or in the time I flew from Moonglade to Feathermoon, I could have ridden from one end of Outland to the other. This isn't all bad, I actually like that Azeroth is so damn big and full of interesting visuals, but can we please get faster gryphons, or more teleports, or something. Outland, on the other hand, is tiny, and though it has some cool visuals, don't blink, you might miss them.

As an aside, I stealthed in to Dire Maul East and managed to get the key with my 67 Nelf Druid, really no sweat. Except I'd never been there before and fell off one of the ledges into the bottom. One of the ledges has what looks like vines on it, turns out the ledge is cracked there and you fall. While trying to find the way to the top took on a boss in cat form (should have used bear) and got killed. Otherwise getting the key for Dire Maul East was really not hard at all. I had to clear some mobs to talk to that imp each time, but in the end, I just beared up and beat the crap out of him and all his buddies. I finished the fight at about 40% health and never had to heal.

No comments: