Monday, August 4, 2008

Altamatic Altaholism

I have tons of Alts and I'm not afraid to use them. If only I could raid...

I was going to count up all the toons and levels I have on various servers, but that looked like too much work and Skroo asked me to tank with my highest level alt for one of his alts last night. Yes, my highest level alt, not my main, cause honestly, I have no idea which toon is my main.

I know conventional wisdom is that the highest toon is your main, but in my case, I really don't feel that way. My highest toon is just the one that I have played the most. I am certain I have spent at least as much time on toons under twenty, that I have deleted, as on my highest toon, and, more importantly, had just as much fun.

Skroo, who is the guy who turned me on to WoW when I asked about MMOs, loves to raid and he's been at me to GET TO 70 since the beginning, and he's been very helpful, but, considering that my highest level toon was probably the tenth one I created, I'm sure it's been at least a tiny bit annoying, since he knows me in real life and I play the same game on the same server.

So, I am slowly leveling my druid and learning to tank, but I'm still horribly tempted by alts, and the two hours I spent playing a new mage on another server a couple of days ago I'll just keep to myself and I won't mention the priest I made last week...

No comments: