Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm still Thinking

Video games as a meditative practice ... yeah. It's a little out there but I'm still thinking about it. I'm not saying it's a GOOD meditative practice or even all that productive but ... with certain types of games (like arcade style or even shooters) there's a kind of auto-pilot trance state you can get into where your brain isn't worrying about all this shit it normally worries about.

No, that has nothing to do with WoW.

I did, however, tank a couple of Kara key-frag runs and then swap to a 5-man AQ20 on my 67 warlock. That's WoW related right?

1 comment:

Fiskr said...

I don't get meditative when I play WoW, but I do get into an almost trance state when I am playing Master of Magic and to a certain extent other turn-based strategy games. And while I can lose an hour or so in WoW without realizing it, when playing Master of Magic, I have lost many hours.