Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How NOT to Gank...

...and still kill me.

Last night, I was running my first toon, my gnome warrior, and I was turning in a quest when a horde rode up and patiently waited for me to do my quest turn in.  Then when I was done, he /waved and I /waved back.  Then he /bowed and I realized he was asking me to fight.  He had 6 levels on me, but I decided it was cool and /bowed back.

Needless to say he annihilated me, but it was cool.  And in fact what annoys me is that about 90% of the way through killing me, a couple of alliance showed up and I had no way to tell them that I was cool with it before they jumped him.  Heck, I figured I would rez and we would go again.  I didn't yell at them after he fact, heck they were trying to help me, but I wish they hadn't run the horde guy off.  I was having fun despite dying.

Which is why I'm hesitant to transfer any of my toons to a PVE server, cause I'm sure I could have flagged, but it was even cooler because Mr. Horde last night didn't have to be cool about it, he just was.  While PVP servers allow people to be asshats and gank, they also allow for people to be very honorable, something I think is actually good about PVP servers.

No comments: